#11 Cover, postcards and stamps from Korea
Today I received a thick cover from Republic of Korea. It’s from Kim Yeonjoon.
On the cover, Kim put two stamps that commemmorate the 50th anniversary of Korea-Portugal diplomatic relations in 2011 (click here for Korea Post web on this joint-issue). These stamps are jointly issued by Korea Post and its Portuguese counterpart, CTT. The stamp on the left features Korea’s ‘Turtle Ship’ and the one on the right shows the Portugal’s ‘Nau’ armed commercial vessel. Both were powerful warships during the 16th century.
Then there are three Korean postcards inside the cover:
1) 10th anniversary of the establishment of Korea Post.
2) The 60th anniversary of women’s service in the armed forces.
3) The 30th anniversary of the Press Arbitration Commission.
Kim also sent few mini-sheets to me:
1) Two triangle Philately Week special stamps.
2) Chinese Lunar New Year – Year of the Rabbit.
3) Chinese Lunar New Year – Year of the Tiger.
The rabbit and the tiger characters on the stamps are very cute and pretty. Thank you very much Joony for all these stuff!